Ms. Keeton utilizes her nearly twenty years of litigation experience to assist clients in analyzing their current level of exposure and implementing measures to reduce their exposure. These measures may include some or all of the following:
- Creating comprehensive policies and procedures;
- Training employees in risk avoidance and response;
- Discovering and addressing employees’ workplace concerns;
- Creating industry specific forms to document training, inspections, maintenance and repairs so the company has a record of the preventative acts being taken if and when an incident occurs; and
- Ensuring that the company’s agreements afford them the full protections available pursuant to North Carolina law.
In conjunction with this aspect of her practice, she regularly speaks to business owners, event planners and other professionals about risk management issues including safety concerns, security considerations, alcohol service, claims investigations and record keeping.